The Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library is looking for a bright, enthusiastic High School student to assist our librarians every Saturday 9am-12 noon. Hourly rate of pay $14.00 per hour. The candidate must be attending High School and be fourteen years of age or older. A love of books, a friendly, helpful outlook with good communication and knowledge of basis computer skills would be an asset.
A job description is available upon request, or visit our website at www.edcarlibrary.ca.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter indicating how they meet the qualifications of this position by Monday November 20th, 2020. You may drop off your application in-library at the Cardinal branch or apply via email to: email@example.com
Please identify the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library
Under the direction of the Branch Supervisor and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Student Page is responsible for shelving returned library material and keeping all items in order on the shelves.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shelve returned library materials
- Ensure library materials are in correct order on the shelves
- Tidy the library by ensuring that all materials left by library users on tables, desks and chairs etc. are gathered and returned to the proper areas
- Assist library staff in closing the library
- Assist on the circulation desk as required
- Follow library policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
The above generally describes the duties involved with the position. However, as the work is varied in nature, employees will be required to perform duties in addition to the above from time to time as directed.
Eligibility & Required Skills
- Eligible for employment in Canada (Valid SIN)
- Library Page must be 14 years or older at the start of employment as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Industrial Regulations
- Evidence of volunteer experience
- Demonstrated basic computer skills
- Ability to give friendly, helpful service to the public
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons and staff
- Ability to learn the use of the Dewey classification system, and other library procedures is required
- Library Page must be reliable and punctual
- Possesses excellent organizational skills; maintains confidentiality
- Displays excellent interpersonal and team-oriented workplace skills
- General office working conditions
- Interaction with general public
- Saturday shifts required
- Position requires lifting – 15 lbs.
Criminal/ Police Records Check:
Police check with vulnerable sector will be required if the successful candidate is 18 years of age or older.
Hours of work
Part-time, term position (renewable)
3 hours a week
Every Saturday, at the Cardinal branch of the Edwardsburgh Cardinal Public Library
Student Page may also be called upon to cover staff shifts in both library branches
Hourly rate of pay